Mobberley Parish Plan

Minutes for meeting No.

05

Held on

Arrow left: previous minutes

31/07/07

Arrow up: Inaugural meeting and meeting and agenda lists Arrow right: Next minutes

Agenda

 

MOBBERLEY PARISH PLAN STEERING COMMITTEE

MINUTES OF THE MEETING HELD AT THE RAJAR BUILDING ON

31 JULY 2007, 7.30pm

 

Present: Stuart Nixon (Chairman) Ken Chantler (Vice Chairman)

 Gary Baron (Treasurer), Penny Braham (Secretary), Roger Gittins,   Eileen Toon, Janet Cookson and Alasdair McLeod

 

SN welcomed new Committee member Alasdair McLeod and thanked him for volunteering.

 

  • APOLOGIES FOR ABSENCE
  • Apologies had been received from Georgia Hoult. Resignation had been received from John Parkes due to his commitments with the Rose Queen Committee.
  • 2.  MINUTES OF THE PREVIOUS MEETING AND MATTERS ARISING
  • The Minutes were agreed as a correct record.
  • Committee membership – new member Alasdair McLeod.
  • Mathew Martin-Bird had asked for previous Minutes to be sent to him, and might be interested in joining. However, he could not attend meetings on Tuesday evenings due to work commitments. PB would ask his younger twin brothers if they would be willing to join.
  • David Swann had showed interest but could not make Tuesday meetings.
  • Simon Pretty was not in good health.
  • 3.  QUESTIONNAIRE
  • RG had prepared an amended version with a separate one for businesses.
  • SN had asked Ian Towers for comment on layout.
  • Discussion followed on colours and type of paper to be used.
  • Printing – AM would contact a family printers in Manchester. GB had contacted Orchard Printers. KC had approached Hewitts. An estimate/best price was needed from them all for the grant application.
  • It was agreed to display the village map on 20-25 copies of the draft questionnaire and ask responders their opinion of this.
  • RG had downloaded all information from the 2001 Census. He would email SN his amended version of the questionnaire. It was agreed to hold a subcommittee meeting the following week to finalise the draft version of the questionnaire.
  • Timing – not enough funding had currently been received to pay for the questionnaires to be printed and circulated. It was thought that printing would take 3 weeks, therefore the questionnaires would not be ready for distribution until end September, to be advertised in the October Parish Newsletter. It was thought that it would be necessary to put aside 2 weeks end November for analysis of the returned questionnaires.
  • BUDGETING & FINANCE GENERALLY
  • GB had again contacted Ms Kerrigan of the Community Council with all necessary background information and signatures. No response had been received from her to date. She had previously advised that it would be necessary to have the grant application approved before the questionnaires were distributed, as grants could not be claimed retrospectively. Ms Kerrigan had intimated that by the time the grant application was now approved, it would be October before the questionnaires could be distributed. Ms Kerrigan had to approve the application before grants of 3000 from Cheshire County Council and 1000 from Macclesfield Borough Council could be received.
  • A 250 cheque had been gratefully received from the Parish Council but this money could not yet be used as, under the Parish Plan constitution, the Steering Committee could not hold a bank account.
  • GB would apply for a 1000 grant from Manchester Airport Community Fund – the application for this had to be received by the Airport by 7 September for consideration by the Trustees at their next meeting on 22 October 2007.
  • As regards budget consideration, Audlem’s Parish Plan was the favourite to copy as in  basic draft – 50 pages long, 2 columns per page A4; 4 pages colour and the remainder in black and white. Possibly 50 draft copies would be needed for the budget for local businesses, societies and developers.
  • It would be necessary to check how much feedback other Parishes had received from their draft questionnaires.
  • The final document might possibly be on glossy paper.
  • GB, KC and RG would arrange a subcommittee meeting to set out estimated budgets.
  • GB asked everyone to keep records of any expenses incurred.
  • 5. REVISED PROGRAMME
  • It had been originally intended that the questionnaires would go out near the beginning of the September school term before the school became involved with the Christmas period. The Headteacher would be asked that the children proceed with the Plan with minimum guidance and without the need for the questionnaire, but with a briefing note to the teachers to inform them on what to focus. However, finance was now a problem because of Ms Kerrigan’s implication that no funding would be received before October. In addition, with Cheshire County Council now being disbanded, the earlier the application for funding was sent the better it was thought to be.
  • GB to include all sorts of expenses in the budget preparation, including eg costs of a possible Hot Pot Supper/barbecue to create interest in the Plan, and postage costs.
  • GB would ask John Parkes to find out about Royal Mail’s distribution costs/Freepost.
  • TO CONSIDER HOW WE CONSULT WITH THE VARIOUS RESIDENTS,
  • COMMERCIAL, SOCIAL AND COMMUNITY BODIES

   Flyers already put up.

   Extra copies of the questionnaire to be deposited in the pubs, churches, clubs and shops.

   ET would work through PB’s local organisations/contacts list. SN would draft an information

   sheet for ET to use to inform the various contacts.

   SN would investigate the brochure display containers in P. Williams Chemist mentioned by

 JC.

 

7. TO ESTABLISH LINKS FOR CONSULTATION

 

See item 6 above.

 

8.  ANY OTHER BUSINESS

  • RG suggested that in order to control all the documentation, a footer of initials of who produced the document and the date issued should be shown – all agreed.

SN reported on the meeting between the Parish Council and Macclesfield Borough Council Planning Officers. The Officers had informed the Parish Council how they determined planning applications and how they saw Parish Plans fitting in to the future. However, SN reported that Macclesfield Borough Council would, on 1 April 2009, cease to exist and a new Unitary Authority of East Cheshire (Congleton, Crewe and Nantwich) would be introduced. Macclesfield hoped to safeguard existing planning guides and adherence to policies in the Local Plan. The new Unitary Authority should take much more notice of Parish Plans, as at that time the only voice for Mobberley would be the Parish Council, not Macclesfield. The Parish Plan would be the voice of Mobberley and would form the basis of the East Cheshire Plan. Any new development would have to be justified, and a property extension should be only 30% more than the building’s original size.

SN circulated a copy of a brochure of ‘Leisurely Walks around the area of the Swettenham Arms’. All agreed that a similar brochure for Mobberley could be a good idea and perhaps Mobberley Village Society could help to produce one, giving details of local history, interesting places to visit, age of pubs etc.

 

9.  DATE OF NEXT MEETING

 

It was agreed to hold a subcommittee meeting on Thursday 9 August, 10am at Butts Knoll, Church Lane, to agree the final contents of the questionnaire. SN, KC, GB, RG, PB and ET would attend.

 

 

The next Steering Group meeting would be held on Tuesday 28 August, 7.30pm at the Rajar Building, Town Lane.

 

 

 

The meeting closed at 21.50 hours.

 

[Home] [Introduction] [Meetings] [General Meeting Minutes] [Open Meetings] [Transport and Environment] [Untitled17] [Untitled18] [Untitled19] [Untitled20] [Untitled21] [Committee] [Constitution] [Links] [Feedback] [10x10 Survey]