MOBBERLEY PARISH PLAN STEERING COMMITTEE
MINUTES OF THE MEETING HELD AT THE RAJAR BUILDING ON
17 DECEMBER 2007, 7.30pm
Present: Stuart Nixon (Chairman) Ken Chantler (Vice Chairman)
- Gary Baron (Treasurer), Penny Braham (Secretary), Roger Gittins, Eileen Toon, Sarah Bale and Matthew Martin-Bird (for part).
- APOLOGIES FOR ABSENCE
- Apologies had been received from Alistair MacLeod, Janet Cookson, David Swann and
- Sue Roberts.
- 2. MINUTES OF THE PREVIOUS MEETING AND MATTERS ARISING
- The Minutes were agreed as a correct record. Matters arising as follows.
- FINAL MAIN GRANT SUBMISSION AND GENERAL UPDATE ON BUDGETING & FINANCE
It was very disappointing and unfortunate that, due to BK’s illness, the draft application sent a week before the illness had not been acknowledged. Also, in hindsight, BK had required the original signed documents – the emails having been unacceptable.
The next date by which our application now had to be submitted was 10 January 2008 for determination at the 15 January meeting. Meanwhile, in addition to what had already been completed, the Steering Committee could maybe improve minor items and again contact external agencies for support - although no response had been received from the Primary Healthcare Trust or the transport agency.
RG would email BK to establish whether she was taking any holiday between Christmas and the New Year, in case this might cause further delay.
It was hoped that the grant should be received by the end of January 2008, and therefore if receipt of the grant was awaited, the questionnaires could not be sent out until mid to end February. Discussion took place as to whether local businesses should be approached for grants.
Youth Survey Sue Roberts had contacted Cheshire Community Council and Social Services regarding questions that could be asked on this survey, as she was unhappy with the sample youth questionnaire from Alderley Edge. However, every time she had asked she had been referred back to BK. Therefore, the Chairman had not circulated the latest draft of the Youth Survey until the true position was known. It was suggested that the Committee should refer back to BK that a sheet of instructions on the Youth Survey would be helpful.
General Questionnaire The Chairman would distribute the latest version of the General Questionnaire before the next meeting.
Police ET had been unable to attend the last Mobberley Police Forum. RG would email Police Inspector Christine Morrall to see whether she would be able to attend either of the next Steering Group discussions on Tuesday 8 January, 9.30am, or Thursday 10 January 1pm.
Business Survey No further progress since first preparation. The Chairman would re-assess this and perhaps make it less ‘leading’ before its circulation to the Committee. RG suggested a sheet paper reminder of why the questions were being asked and to ‘get what answers’? This was thought a good idea. KC suggested the Committee contact the Forum of Business in Knutsford (similar to the Chamber of Commerce), to ascertain what questions they would like to see on such a survey.
- DISTRIBUTION, COMPLETION AND COLLECTION OF QUESTIONNAIRES
AMcL had prepared a map of the area of Parish Newsletter distribution. ET had compared the Electoral Roll and this needed to be superimposed with the Editor’s list of distributors. It would be necessary to ‘sound out’ what support would be needed for the existing distributors, and compile a list of additional distributors to cover any premises where the Newsletter was not distributed. It was not thought a good idea to hold a meeting for all the distributors. ET would check the numbers of Newsletters distributed against RG’s list of houses. KC would be happy to deliver Newsletters to premises at present not covered.
If the grant was received, it was intended to distribute the questionnaires at the end of February with the March Parish Newsletter.
- REVISED PROGRAMME
- Timescale would now be delayed a month.
- School It was necessary to ‘bottom out’ their project on the Parish Plan for next term. The Chairman intended to talk to the teachers about the topics, for the children to say what they want.
- The Government had seemed to have put an indefinite block on the reorganisation of Cheshire. This might mean that Mobberley would have more time to get their Parish Plan adopted than had originally been thought.
- MEETING DATES IN JANUARY 2008
- The next full Steering Group meeting would be held on Tuesday 29 January 2008, 7.30pm at the Rajar building.
- Survey discussion meetings would be held on Tuesday 8 January, 9.30am, and Thursday 10 January, 1pm – both at the Rajar building.
- ANY OTHER BUSINESS
- The Chairman had the list of Parishioners who had expressed an interest in Parish Plan involvement at the Open Meeting. It would be necessary to contact them to ascertain what level of interest they had.
- It was noted that MMB had still to sign the Constitution.